As the Holidays approach, many of us will be attending parties, events and just being around more people. Turn these events into ready-made networking opportunities!
Here are some simple questions to ask to be purposeful in your networking:
- What are your family traditions during the holidays?
- What do you do for a living?
- Do you have any vacation plans for the holidays or 2018?
- Are you currently living in your dream house?
- What is your “Empty Nest” plan
- Have you seen a lot of new construction in your area?
- Who is your Realtor/CPA/Financial Adviser? (ask for an introduction)
- What community holiday events do you attend each year? (more networking!)
Make it a goal to exchange three business cards at each event and follow up the next week with a personal note. Be purposeful at the end of 2017 to make sure 2018 starts strong!